FRANK.NET will protect your personal information:
FRANK.NET is committed to respecting and maintaining the privacy and security of its customers’ personal information (collectively Personal Information / Information) provided to FRANK on the website, www.frank.net (the Website). This approach to safeguarding your privacy (the Approach) outlines FRANK’s practices and commitment to its customers. FRANK takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its business practices are aligned with the terms of this statement.
FRANK values you as a customer. So we’ll treat all your Personal Information as private and confidential and deal with your Information in a responsible and lawful manner. We’ll do as much as we can to prevent unauthorised access to your Personal Information. The information we collect is essential to conclude your agreement and will only be processed for purposes consistent with the normal course of our business and to uphold your and FRANK’s legitimate interests.
FRANK is required by law, to process and maintain your Personal Information in accordance with prescribed standards or generally accepted information management practices (including prescribed retention periods) to ensure that your information is complete, accurate, up to date and secure.
Your Personal Information will not be disclosed to any third party except in the normal course of our business or where we are required to do so by law.
We keep a record of your Personal Information and you can ask for a copy of it anytime. The Information will be made available to you following receipt of your request. You may notify us in writing of any inaccuracies reflected in the Information that we maintain and subject to verification, we will correct your Information.
How FRANK.NET uses your Personal Information:
1. You will be able to explore the majority of the services offered on the Website without us collecting any Personal Information from you. We do, however, gather and analyse information on our visitors’ routine use of the Website. We use this information to monitor which areas of the Website are most frequently visited, to assist us to continue developing a value-added service. To facilitate this, the Website servers will collect the IP address of your computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information.
2. For the purpose of business communications, administration and transacting we may collect and subsequently process certain Personal Information. This will enable FRANK to:
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- Process orders or applications;
- Resolve problems with services previously rendered;
- Create products and services that may meet your future requirements;
- Compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the FRANK.NET Website;
- Tell you about our new products and services.
3. FRANK.NET may periodically conduct online customer care surveys to facilitate the enhancing of service standards. When it conducts a survey, FRANK.NET will inform the customer how the information gathered will be used, and will provide the customer with the opportunity to opt out from such surveys.
4. FRANK.NET may enter into business arrangements whereby its customer base is one of the more valued assets. In such an event occurs, Personal Information will be one of the transferable assets. In the event that the ownership of FRANK.NET changes, your Personal Information will be transferred to the new owners who will be bound to treat your information with the same level of care. They will notify you if they plan to do anything different with your information.
5. FRANK.NET will collect, process, maintain, disclose or otherwise deal with your Personal Information only with your consent, in respect of marketing services or products. Consent to collect or use information shall be express (e.g. signing an agreement or clicking on the “I agree” icon).
6. FRANK.NET may collect, process, maintain, disclose or otherwise deal with your Personal Information, without your knowledge and consent, in the event that it is:
A. Required by law.
This typically relates to financial service and tax legislative reporting requirements or in terms of a court order. When FRANK.NET is requested to provide personal information as part of legal proceedings, it has the legal duty to service that demand, and will do so (subject to having verified that it is a legitimate legal request). FRANK.NET will, however, in all instances required by law, only disclose the Personal Information specifically requested.
B. Necessary to protect FRANK.NET’s interest
This will not be used as a reason for disclosing Personal Information about a customer or a customer’s accounts (including name and address) to anyone else, including other companies within the Liberty Group for marketing purposes. However, basic risk control and other procedures that protect FRANK.NET’s interests sometimes lead to the disclosure of specific customers information. These instances are limited and the disclosure of information will be restricted to what is reasonably required in the circumstances.
C. In the public interest
FRANK.NET may be required to disclose Personal Information for matters of public interest (e.g. to assist in the prevention of crimes). Before complying with these requests, FRANK.NET will take every precaution to ensure the authorities involved have legitimate grounds to make such a request.
D. For statistical purposes;
FRANK.NET may process and disclose Personal Information, for statistical purposes, that does not relate to you or any person specifically (i.e. de-identified information) as it deems appropriate.
FRANK.NET hates spam as much as you do:
FRANK.NET will never sell your email address to third parties for purposes of email spamming. With your consent, FRANK.NET may use your Personal Information to send you details on new services or products that may be of interest to you and from time to time will mail, email or SMS information to you about us, our products and services, or our partners and their products or services. If you do not wish to continue receiving this information you may contact us and we will remove you from our mailing list.
We will leave you alone if you want us to:
FRANK.NET offers the client the opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing or promotional communications from FRANK.NET. This can be done by way of a single click cancellation from all email communications (unsubscribe) facility.
Technology and security on the website:
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data integrity and ensure the appropriate use of information, FRANK.NET have established appropriate physical and technological controls to safeguard the Personal Information you provide to us. FRANK.NET will update and enhance these measures on an ongoing basis, to ensure they remain appropriate and relevant.
FRANK.NET has deployed state-of-the-art technology and implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or changes to the Information under our control, by unauthorised third parties. FRANK.NET is committed to providing secure online services.
As such, all interactions with our transactional site (Online Service/s) are protected through encryption that complies with international standards. Personal Information encryption includes banking details, names and addresses as it is transmitted over the Internet.
FRANK.NET’s Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion-detection systems. Access to information on these servers is restricted to authorised personnel only. The FRANK.NET customer database is backed up on a regular basis, and our services do not allow anonymous or otherwise unauthenticated access at any time.
FRANK.NET regularly tests the effectiveness of the security of our systems and responds to any threats that may be detected.
Of course, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, but FRANK.NET will continue to employ all reasonable measures to safeguard your Information under their control.
Your access to the Online Service(s) is password protected. You undertake to keep your password secure and warrant that you will not permit any other person to access the Online Services utilising your password. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your password and undertake to take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorised access to the Online Services using your password. You irrevocably agree not to hold FRANK.NET liable for loss or damages of any nature that you may suffer as a result of the unauthorised use of your password to access the Online Service(s).
Cookies are small pieces of information that allow the FRANK.NET web server to recognise you and provide more personal web experience. Cookies are issued by our web server, stored in your web browser and can only be read by our server. The type of information gathered is non-personal (such as: the IP address of your computer, the date and time of your visit, the pages you browsed etc.).
Should you choose to do so, it is possible (depending on the browser you are using), to be prompted before accepting any cookies, or to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. This may however cause certain features of the Website to not function correctly.
Interception of communications:
Subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications (RICA) Act, you hereby agree to FRANK.NET’s right to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use all communications sent or posted by the customer to the Website, its staff and employees.
Third party sites:
The FRANK.NET Approach to safeguarding your privacy applies only to Personal Information collected at FRANK.NET’s website. The FRANK.NET website may contain links to other websites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the security or privacy practices employed by other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy Agreement for any site that requests Personal Information from you.
Updating of the statement:
FRANK.NET reserves the right to amend or modify its approach to safeguarding your privacy at its sole discretion, at any time, without any prior notice to the customer, in response to meeting legislative requirements and dynamic business needs. All amendments to the statement will be posted on the Website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this statement.
FRANK, as you know, believes in being transparent. Should you wish to know a little more about the type of records we keep or wish to request specific information from us, you can find the details in our Promotion of Access to Information Manual.